Each year Lingo Perfecto has contact with 1000s of people who join our courses. Sadly a few of these contacts could cause concern in relation to the physical, mental or emotional well-being of others.
Ling Perfecto is committed to promoting the safety and welfare of all students and stakeholders. This includes helping to safeguard them from the possibility of abuse and taking necessary action in the case of concerns relating to their safety and well-being.
This page highlights the actions implemented by Lingo Perfecto to ensure individuals can enjoy and benefit from their learning experience with the minimum risk of a safeguarding issue arising. Safeguarding the safety and welfare of students and stakeholders is always the paramount consideration.
The majority of students who study at Lingo Perfecto are aged 18 and above although applicants aged between 14-18 are also accepted and we take our responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of our students very seriously.
All students aged 14-18 are minors and therefore Lingo Perfecto places an additional ‘duty of care’ towards those students and any vulnerable learners enrolled at Lingo Perfecto and our Safeguarding Policy states that we will:
- Have a designated Safeguarding Officer to ensure Safeguarding issues are dealt with promptly.
- Have clear steps to follow in order to ensure that all concerns get referred to and recorded by the Safeguarding Lead.
- Have clear guidelines on what to do if someone contacts us about an allegation.
- Ensure that police and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check requirements are required and met by all relevant staff.
- Instruct safe assessment measures in our training criteria for teachers.
- Review Safeguarding protocols annually. We will contact appropriate authorities in the case of criminal matters.
Lingo Perfecto recognises the rights of all students and stakeholders including:
- The right to necessary support required in order to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy and make a positive contribution to society through learning.
- Protection from abuse and exploitation.
- Support, care and protection from harm or abuse.
- The right to study in preparation for and obtain qualifications without issue of abuse, harm or neglect.
Lingo Perfecto will:
- Uphold and respect the rights of all students and stakeholders.
- Follow appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of students and stakeholders and protect them from abuse.
- Review and evaluate our policies on a regular basis.
Code of conduct
Lingo Perfecto representatives are expected to uphold the highest degree of professionalism when dealing with students and stakeholders.
- No physical, verbal or other conduct (face to face or online) that could be construed as abusive.
- Not placing themselves in positions where they arevulnerable to false allegations.
- Protecting potentially vulnerable victims from possible abuse by others.
When in contact with students and stakeholders, Lingo Perfecto staff must:
- Observe and obey relevant laws regarding safeguarding.
- Must consider the effect that their words and actions may have during lessons.
- Be approachable, while maintaining a professional position.
- Always work in an open environment, avoid private or unobserved situations.
- Treat all students and stakeholders equally, with respect and dignity.
- Escalate safeguarding matters promptly to the leading authority.
Concerns or disclosures
On occasion, a concern during provision of services may arise out of an activity that a Lingo Perfecto Representative is observing or performing.
If an activity raises cause for concern, or there is cause for concern during a lesson, the Lingo Perfecto Representative will need to consider whether to continue or stop the lesson prior to completion. No activity should continue that might be seen as causing safeguarding issues, or putting people at risk of harm or abuse.
The Lingo Perfecto Representative will inform the School Manager immediately and contact the Lingo Perfecto Safeguarding Lead if an assessment is prematurely stopped due to safeguarding concerns.
Lingo Perfecto services and products require online communication and interaction.
- During communication and interaction, no one should behave inappropriately, or otherwise act outside their specific instructions and responsibility related to the task or activity.
- Any comments by a Lingo Perfecto Representative deemed by a student or stakeholder to be unprofessional must be reported to the Lingo Perfecto Safeguarding Lead.
- All students and stakeholders will be informed of any recordings (video or audio) made of lessons, the purposes for which they are made and for how long they will be retained. For under-18s the consent of a parent or guardian will be required.
- Where passwords are required, all students and stakeholders will be informed of this process and how their information will be used and protected.
- Do not continue an activity or task with a person whom you do not feel safe working with.
Students are also required to behave appropriately in lessons and understand that their course may be cancelled if the management deems it necessary.
Social media platform issues
Lingo Perfecto has several social media profiles for connecting with customers:
- Facebook, Instagram and Twitter followers must be aged 13 or above. Please refer to the relevant platform’s policy for further information.
- Lingo Perfecto will always request consent from students or stakeholders for any information used in marketing materials which feature photos and details of those persons.
- Any concerns over a social media channel relating to Lingo Perfecto should be reported to the Lingo Perfecto Safeguarding Lead.
Safeguarding Lead responsibilities
Lingo Perfecto Safeguarding Lead will:
- When necessary, contact students or stakeholders if any concerns are raised about the safety or welfare of their students.
- Maintain confidentiality of any safeguarding incident and actions and communications.
Contact Lingo Perfecto Safeguarding Lead
If you have cause for concern about the safety of an individual, please contact us as soon as possible and we will treat it as a priority.