English is the #1 international language, are you ready to speak to the world! With excellent English skills you can study at university in the UK or start a career. Perhaps you have just a couple of weeks to prepare for the IELTS exam? With our friendly teachers, hard-working but fun atmosphere, extra support and special electives, Lingo Perfecto offers you a great IELTS exam preparation course programme. On this four-week course, you will study essential IELTS exam skills and you can also take an IELTS exam at the end of your course, which is available throughout the year. This course is ideal for people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication.
Over 3.5 million tests are taken each year. UK Educational institutions, employers, professional registration bodies and government immigration agencies often require proof of English language skills as part of their recruitment or admission procedures. IELTS is the preferred exam for these purposes.
- You will develop essential IELTS exam skills for success in all four papers: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.
- In addition, reading and listening assignments will build up your vocabulary and general knowledge of key IELTS areas. Areas include, Health Issues, Environment Issues and Global Issues.
- We can arrange the IELTS examination, which can be taken at the end of your course. With an IELTS qualification, you show employers, universities or government bodies that you have achieved a certain level of English.
Perfect for short-term learning with 2 classes a week.
What will you learn?
Lessons and activities that provide the necessary language, motivation and opportunity for you to communicate effectively and think about key issues.
Build your confidence to develop micro-skills beyond exam practice, express yourself with a high level of fluency and react appropriately to the different task types as they are progressively introduced.
You will have access to IELTS learning resources – video, audio, practice tests and much more – in one easy to manage place.
Why study IELTS?
Start your journey into work or study in the UK – get the English language skills you need to be successful.
The test is offered in over 1,600 locations, in more than 140 countries.
Accepted internationally by over 10,000 organisations worldwide as proof of language ability.
- 24 full hours live, online classroom + 4 hours teacher-assisted self-study.
- 1:1 tutorials with class teacher.
- Start any Monday after successfully enrolling.
- Fee from £7 per lesson.
- Frequency – two days per week / 360 minutes.
- Mondays to Fridays, 9:00am-12:00 noon, 12:30pm-3:30pm and 5:00pm-8:00pm GMT (depending on level and availability).
- Length – 60 minutes per lesson / six lessons per week.
A typical week for students enrolled onto ‘IELTS Insight’ (B2 Upper-intermediate to C2 Proficiency):
Applying to study abroad.
IELTS Practice: Note and form completion.
Writing: Cultural data skills.
Describing data similarities.
IELTS Practice task 1.
Little or no knowledge or experience of English
Knows basic greetings and can answer simple questions
Can hold a basic conversation (e.g. describe family) with help. Some knowledge of grammar, including past and future tenses
Can hold a basic conversation without difficulty but can’t discuss more complex issues. Some basic grammar mistakes
Can discuss some complex subjects fluently. Has no issues with common grammatical construction
Can discuss a wide range of complex subjects. Wide vocabulary. Can read newspapers and magazines without much difficulty. Mistakes are about style rather than structure
An Exams Officer is available to advise you on the most suitable examination for you.
International English Language Testing Service (IELTS)
Level: Any level from Intermediate (4)
This exam gives you a score which you then use to apply to a university. The exam tests listening, speaking, reading and writing. It is popular with British and Australian universities, and is growing in popularity with US universities.
Tuition fees include:
- IELTS Insight is our online live learning programme. You have full access from the time of enrolling and for the whole duration of your course.
- Learner-Access Centre – A teacher is available to help you in our well-equipped centre for additional learning support.
- Tutorials – Regular meetings to discuss your progress / study plans.
- Regular exam practice.
- Graduation certificate & final progress report written by your teacher.
All students follow a course-book in classes at an upper-intermediate to advanced English language level which focuses on IELTS exam vocabulary and skills, and gives them grammar practice in test contexts.
IELTS Masterclass’s unit topics cover subjects that are either popular, are relevant to academic subjects, or are likely to occur in the exam.
An Exam skills and Exams practice section takes students step by step through a complete test, building knowledge and confidence to maximise their score.
IELTS Masterclass is the official Oxford English preparation course for the academic IELTS exam.
- Authentic, up-to-date IELTS tasks in a range of contexts.
- Short units, covering essential vocabulary, grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for IELTS, whether students are taking an exam or not.
- Grammar and vocabulary syllabus informed by the Oxford Learner Corpus.
- Exams skills and Exam Practice sections so students maximise their score.
- Topics and ideas encourage students to use language independently, with real confidence, and motivates them to think broadly.
- Online practice tests give students a realistic taste of the exam itself, helping them prepare for success.
You should enrol and pay for your course on the Wednesday before the Monday you would like to to start.
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 1
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 2
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 3
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 4
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 5
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 6
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 7
IELTS Mindset Sample Lesson 8
— 11 December 2020
Welcome to IELTS Insight! I am so glad you have decided to take this course. Please be sure to take our level test to check your level before you begin. This will clarify and hopefully get us all started on the right foot. Take some time to go through the syllabus and assignment due dates as well. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me with any questions or concerns you might have. Here’s to a great course ahead!
Hi all, this is a reminder that all unit 1 assignments are due next Monday by midnight. This includes assignments and discussion topics under Cultural data. There has been some confusion on quiz question number 2 but this answer can be found in full in our book, “IELTS Masterclass,” by Haynes & May on page 78. Be sure you are reading the book carefully to find answers to the quizzes and questions to assignments.
Keep in mind, I do not accept late work so be diligent and aware of your time. If there is an issue that is impeding your work, please keep open communication with me so I can accommodate you to the best of my ability.
As always, thank you for your hard work and diligence in this course. Keep up the great work and have a healthy day!