General English Short Term
Whether you want to study at university, boost your career opportunities or just be able to chat with English-speaking friends from around the world, General English courses at Lingo Perfecto are highly practical, lively and enjoyable and will develop your confidence and fluency in English.
Lingo Perfecto qualified teachers use the communicative approach to deliver dynamic and engaging learner-centred lessons which focus on accuracy and fluency. Each lesson has clear learning outcomes. You will develop your ability to communicate confidently in real-life situations.
Perfect for short term learning with 2 classes a week.
What will you learn?
Your lessons will include activities that provide the necessary language, motivation and opportunity for you to talk English with confidence.
You will build your confidence to communicate with a proven balance of Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation and Skills Development in everyday conversation.
You will have access to English learning resources – video, audio, worksheets and much more – in one easy to manage place.
- 24 full hours live, online classroom + 12 hours teacher-assisted self-study.
- 1:1 tutorials with class teacher.
- Start any Monday after successfully enrolling.
- Fee from £7 per lesson.
- Frequency – two days per week / 360 minutes.
- Mondays to Fridays, 9:00am-12 noon / 12:30pm-3:30pm / 5:00pm-8:00pm GMT (depending on level and availability).
- Length – 60 minutes per lesson / six lessons per week.
A typical week for students enrolled onto ‘General English Short Term’ (pre-intermediate):
Listening & speaking: internet.
Grammar: Present simple & continuous.
Vocabulary & speaking: Online dating.
Grammar: Future forms.
*If you would like more hours or English for Specific Purposes lessons you could add on one-to-one lessons to your programme. These can be studied at a time to suit you. You can also study an online Cambridge English or IELTS exam Preparation course alongside your General English course, depending on your level.
Little or no knowledge or experience of English
Knows basic greetings and can answer simple questions
Can hold a basic conversation (e.g. describe family) with help. Some knowledge of grammar, including past and future tenses
Can hold a basic conversation without difficulty but can’t discuss more complex issues. Some basic grammar mistakes
Can discuss some complex subjects fluently. Has no issues with common grammatical construction
Can discuss a wide range of complex subjects. Wide vocabulary. Can read newspapers and magazines without much difficulty. Mistakes are about style rather than structure
Tuition fees include:
- General English Short Term is our online live learning programme. You have full access from the time of enrolling and for the whole duration of your course.
- Learner-Access Centre – A teacher is available to help you in our well-equipped centre for additional learning support.
- Tutorials – Regular meetings to discuss your progress / study plans.
- Mid-level and end of level testing.
- Graduation certificate & final progress report written by your teacher.
All students follow a course-book in classes at an appropriate English language level which focuses on general language development including speaking, writing, listening and reading with a focus on functional language and communication skills.
Learners build confidence to communicate with a proven balance of Grammar, Vocabulary, Pronunciation and Skills Development in common everyday English.
English File’s unique, lively and enjoyable lessons are renowned for getting students talking. In fact, Lingo Perfecto teachers find that the course improves students’ speaking skills.
- NEW and updated texts, topics and listenings.
- NEW video listening activity – these short documentaries and dramas make class time more dynamic and exciting.
- NEW Classroom Presentation Tools show the course content on screen, making it easier than ever to get engaged in the lessons.
- NEW Online Practice provides you with extra practice activities and allows you to check your progress.
- NEW Sound Bank videos provide unique opportunity to watch and listen to a clear model of the English sounds.
- NEW interactive videos enable you to listen and record yourself as part of the Rob and Jenny drama.
You should enrol and pay for your course on the Wednesday before the Monday you would like to to start.
Sample Lesson 1
Sample Lesson 2
Sample Lesson 3
Sample Lesson 4
Sample Lesson 5
Sample Lesson 6
Sample Lesson 7
Sample Lesson 8
— 28 November 2020
Greetings students! Welcome to General English Short Term! I hope you're all as happy about starting this course as I am! Hopefully right? :D In the first week we'll be taking it pretty easy as you acquaint yourself with the course, your classmates and your teacher. Do be prepared for the tempo to amp up come next Monday.
So what do I have in store for you in the first week? Well, let's take a look...
- You should familiarize yourself with the materials, the topic and design of the class (how do I access materials, where do I find additional materials, etc.)
- Now is the time to explore and practice how you'll be completing activities, contributing to discussions and uploading homework assignments.
- You should purchase your textbook (electronic version or hard copy). I do send a pdf version, but this is not required. You also do not need to purchase additional materials if you don't want to.
- Review the course syllabus. I will reference it often!
- Complete a course orientation by Sunday. Keep in mind, you cannot move up to a higher level until you have completed the whole course, so make this a priority.