Cambridge English Vantage
Follow an academic course at university level or communicate effectively at a managerial and professional level with a Cambridge English qualification. More than 9,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments around the world accept Cambridge English qualifications as proof of high-level achievement in learning English. We specialise in preparation for the Cambridge B2 First and C1 Advanced examinations. B2 First is an upper-intermediate level qualification. It proves you can use everyday written and spoken English for work or study purposes. C1 Advanced level shows that you are a high achiever in your use of all English language skills.
- You will develop essential skills to communicate effectively face-to-face, express opinions and present arguments.
- Exam preparation tasks will build up your abilities to deal confidently with different types of text, create different pieces of writing and follow and understand a range of spoken materials.
- We can arrange the Cambridge B2 First and C1 Advanced examination, which can be taken at the end of your course. With a Cambridge English qualification, you show employers that you have achieved an advanced level of English.
Perfect for short term learning with 2 classes a week.
What will you learn?
Lessons and activities that provide the necessary language, motivation and opportunity for you to communicate effectively and maximise your chance of succeeding in the exam.
Build your confidence to develop micro-skills beyond exam practice, express yourself with a high level of fluency and react appropriately to the different exam task types as they are progressively introduced.
You will have access to Cambridge English exam preparation learning resources – video, audio, practice tests and much more – in one easy to manage place.
Why study Cambridge English?
Start your journey into work or study in the UK – get the English language skills you need to be successful.
Cambridge English exams are recognised by over 25,000 universities, employers and governments around the world.
Some of the leading organisations that already accept our exams include Stanford University, Dartmouth College, University of Sydney, King’s College London, The Australian Government Department of Home Affairs, Microsoft, Adidas and American Express.
- 16 full hours live, online classroom + 2 hours teacher-assisted self-study.
- 1:1 tutorials with class teacher.
- Start any Monday after successfully enrolling.
- Fee from £7 per lesson.
- Frequency – two days per week / 240 minutes.
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays 5:00pm-7:00pm GMT (depending on level and availability).
- Length – 60 minutes per lesson / four lessons per week.
A typical week for students enrolled onto ‘Cambridge English Vantage’ (B2 First):
Reading and use of English: Multiple choice cloze.
Speaking: Conversation with interlocutor.
Phrasal verbs: Turn & word formation.
Individual long turn and sentence stress.
Little or no knowledge or experience of English
Knows basic greetings and can answer simple questions
Can hold a basic conversation (e.g. describe family) with help. Some knowledge of grammar, including past and future tenses
Can hold a basic conversation without difficulty but can’t discuss more complex issues. Some basic grammar mistakes
Can discuss some complex subjects fluently. Has no issues with common grammatical construction
Can discuss a wide range of complex subjects. Wide vocabulary. Can read newspapers and magazines without much difficulty. Mistakes are about style rather than structure
An Exams Officer is available to advise you on the most suitable examination for you.
Cambridge First Certificate (FCE)
Level: Upper-Intermediate (5)
The most popular English language exam in the UK. Tests all four skills – listening, speaking, reading and writing. It is tested over 4 exam papers. NB: Although it is called ‘First’, FCE is not a low level exam
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Level: Lower Advanced (5)
The advanced version of the First Certificate (see above). This exam specialises in preparing students in everyday communication at an advanced level.
Tuition fees include:
- Cambridge English Vantage is our online live learning programme. You have full access from the time of enrolling and for the whole duration of your course.
- Learner-Access Centre – A teacher is available to help you in our well-equipped centre for additional learning support.
- Tutorials – Regular meetings to discuss your progress / study plans.
- Regular exam practice.
- Graduation certificate & final progress report written by your teacher.
All students follow a course-book in classes at an upper-intermediate to advanced English language level which focuses on Cambridge English exam vocabulary and skills, and gives them grammar practice in test contexts.
Cambridge English Result’s unit topics cover subjects that are either popular, are relevant to assignment subjects, or are likely to occur in the exam.
An Exam skills and Exams practice section takes students step by step through a complete test, building knowledge and confidence to maximise their score.
Cambridge English Result is the official Oxford English preparation course for the academic Cambridge English B2 First and C1 Advanced examinations.
- Authentic, up-to-date Cambridge English exam tasks in a range of contexts.
- Short units, covering essential vocabulary, grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for B2 First & C1 Advanced, whether students are taking an exam or not.
- Grammar and vocabulary syllabus informed by the Oxford Learner Corpus.
- Exams skills and Exam Practice sections so students maximise their score.
- Topics and ideas encourage students to use language independently, with real confidence, and motivates them to think broadly.
- Online practice tests give students a realistic taste of the exam itself, helping them prepare for success.
You should enrol and pay for your course on the Wednesday before the Monday you would like to to start.
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 1
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 2
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 3
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 4
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 5
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 6
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 7
Cambridge Vantage Sample Lesson 8
— 14 December 2020
Welcome to Cambridge Vantage! Our C1 Advanced class will be meeting from 5:00PM to 7:00PM GMT on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. However, instead of having a classroom on campus, we will be meeting online in a computer program called Zoom. To get to the program:
I look forward to seeing you there. If have any questions, let me know.