Business English Higher
A good knowledge of Business English can help boost your career and will look great on your CV. On this four-week course, you will study Business English and you can also take a Cambridge Business English exam at the end of your course, which is available throughout the year. This course is ideal for university students of Business or Business Administration as well as young business professionals.You will develop essential communication skills for success in business, including meetings, negotiations, presentations, telephoning and emailing.
- In addition, reading and listening tasks will build up your vocabulary and general knowledge of key business areas. Areas include, marketing, finance and Human Resource management.
- We can arrange the Cambridge Business Higher examination, which can be taken at the end of your course. With a C1 Cambridge Business Higher qualification, you show employers that you have achieved an advanced level of Business English.
Improve quickly with 3 classes a week.
What will you learn?
Lessons and activities that provide the necessary language, motivation and opportunity for you to communicate effectively at managerial and professional levels.
Build your confidence to participate in workplace meetings and presentations, express yourself with a high level of fluency and react appropriately in different cultural and social situations.
You will have access to English learning resources – video, audio, worksheets and much more – in one easy to manage place.
Why study Business English?
Improve your career opportunities – get the English language skills you need to be successful.
Succeed in business-related studies with English language skills you can prove.
Accepted internationally by top international organisations like Procter & Gamble, HSBC and AstraZeneca, as well as education institutions and business schools.
- 24 full hours live, online classroom + 6 hours teacher-assisted self-study.
- 1:1 tutorials with class teacher.
- Start any Monday after successfully enrolling.
- Fee from £8 per lesson.
- Frequency – three days per week / 360 minutes.
- Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 5:00pm-7:00pm GMT (depending on level and availability).
- Length – 60 minutes per lesson / six lessons per week.
A typical week for students enrolled onto ‘Business English Higher’ (Upper-intermediate to Proficiency):
Describing cross-cultural experiences.
Tenses review. Introduce yourself.
Comparing career paths.
Managing the discussion.
Expressing attitudes to the past.
Discussing working practices.
Case study: Planning office space.
*If you would like more hours or English for Specific Purposes lessons you could add on one-to-one lessons to your programme. These can be studied at a time to suit you. You can also study an online Cambridge English or IELTS exam Preparation course alongside your Business English course, depending on your level.
Little or no knowledge or experience of English
Knows basic greetings and can answer simple questions
Can hold a basic conversation (e.g. describe family) with help. Some knowledge of grammar, including past and future tenses
Can hold a basic conversation without difficulty but can’t discuss more complex issues. Some basic grammar mistakes
Can discuss some complex subjects fluently. Has no issues with common grammatical construction
Can discuss a wide range of complex subjects. Wide vocabulary. Can read newspapers and magazines without much difficulty. Mistakes are about style rather than structure
Tuition fees include:
- Business English Higher is our online live learning programme. You have full access from the time of enrolling and for the whole duration of your course.
- Learner-Access Centre – A teacher is available to help you in our well-equipped centre for additional learning support.
- Tutorials – Regular meetings to discuss your progress / study plans.
- Regular exam practice.
- Graduation certificate & final progress report written by your teacher.
All students follow a course-book in classes at an advanced English language level which focuses on business English vocabulary and skills, and gives them grammar practice in business contexts.
Business Result’s pacy, topic-based course with comprehensive coverage of language and skills for business, motivates and engages both professionals and students preparing for working life.
An Exam skills and Exams practice section takes students step by step through a complete test, building knowledge and confidence to maximise their score.
Business Result is the official Oxford English preparation course for Cambridge Business English examinations: Business Higher (also known as BEC), and BULATS.
- Authentic, up-to-date business language in a range of contexts.
- Short units, covering important vocabulary, grammar, reading, writing, listening and speaking skills for business, whether students are taking an exam or not.
- Grammar and vocabulary syllabus informed by the Learner Corpus.
- Exams skills and Exam Practice sections, so students maximise their score.
- Topics and ideas engage students whether they are already at work, or preparing to work in business in the future.
- ‘Grammar workshops’ practise grammar in relevant business contexts.
You should enrol and pay for your course on the Wednesday before the Monday you would like to to start.
Business English Sample Lesson 1
Business English Sample Lesson 2
Business English Sample Lesson 3
Business English Sample Lesson 4
Business English Sample Lesson 5
Business English Sample Lesson 6
Business English Sample Lesson 7
Business English Sample Lesson 8
Business English Sample Lesson 9
Business English Sample Lesson 10
Business English Sample Lesson 11
Business English Sample Lesson 12
— 7 December 2020
Welcome to Cambridge Business English Preliminary! Our class will be meeting from 5:00PM to 7:00PM GMT on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. However, instead of having a classroom on campus, we will be meeting online in a computer program called Zoom. To get to the program:
I look forward to seeing you there. If have any questions, let me know.